Trading Contest

I just won the most recent Trading Contest for Nadex. All traders where given 25k to start and 1 week to trade. I could use max of 15 contracts at any time per contract with no multipile open positions on the same contract. I ended up in 1st place making a profit of over 18k in profit. I love the Apex Trend Catcher for 5 Minute Binaries.

This is awesome. Quite a feat!! Was there anything particular that you focus on with the 5 minute binaries and TC to keep your risk down, and profit long term? Specifically focusing on the out of the money trades, even the significantly out of the money trades, or trading at specific times of the day, or on specific indices? Thanks for all your help, and congratulations!! Josh

Thank you Josh,

Focus is on trend catcher on binaries that are 5 minutes till expiration (any market) could be a daily, weekly intraday or 5 minute. I stick to strikes that are close to the market direction of TC. When volume is exceeding expectations and they are cheap like $15. I lose more trades than i win but I make a lot more on my winners than my loosers. I trade at night a lot and some during the day. The $15-$20 risk allows me to have quite a few losses and 1 win can cover them. I know my stats and I don’t focus on losses i jut move forward next trade next trade next trade. If I don’t then i will miss out on the winner or string of them that more than cover the losses. This style is not for everyone. ie might lose 10 in a row and profit on 3 (holding to expiration - note i know this is not standard - i simply do this due to the math and how it works out) and i net a profit sometimes i net more etc… in the end if i keep going it works. I’ve been doing this live (started with $250) started with 1 contract as well for going on four weeks now and doing very well in live trading now I’m at 6 (increasing size slowly) contracts a time and account is in the high 4 figures now in my account should break 5 by the end of the week. Like you would not believe me if I told you how well lol. It requires patience as there are many times there is no trade. I don’t force it. And I have to be ready with my tickets. And I have to trade forward not backwards. Basically like Darrell says you have to figure out what pitches you like and then you gotta be consistent with your swings or you break your stats.

I thought the contest would be fun to do. Obviously i missed a lot of trades on demo. But when i had time i did both. Either way pretty amazed about how well it went. Was fun.

Jackie

Jackie, that is awesome! Keep up the great work!

I’m assuming you are going with an OTM strike since the risk is only $15 - $20 or are you using the stop trigger on say ATM strikes?

Way to go Jackie! Love your trading plan!!!

This is great, really appreciated. With that information, looks like I need to get researching and demoing this. Do you have any advice on what instruments I should be using for this? CL, TF,? What Or any other advice at all? When you say you have to trade forwards and not backwards, what does that mean? Again, greatly appreciated… So very cool…

Josh

Travis that is correct OTM

Well im mainly doing trades in the last 5 minutes so i guess start with fx.

Trading forward is what Darrell teaches about not looking to the left of the chart or backwards etc… dont focus on a trade once entered and if it wins looses. Always be focusing on the next trade. Survey when the day is done or you will mess yourself up.

great job jackie. you say you trade at night and also during the day… what time of day have you noticed works better for this strategy?

I’m sure people would also love to know if you are trading the actual TC flips or in between the flips. I personally like in between. Which are you using?

Also to pull in that kind of ROI what is your money management like? Are you risking a certain percentage per trade?

Drewster, you just have to demo it and see based on what kind of pitches you like. Most people can’t handle loosing 10x in a row and then profiting on 3. I look at it like a baseball player. The best of the best don’t have what someone would think is a great batting averages yet they know what to swing for (what they can hit) and when they do it counts. They had to swing the bat a lot to figure that out before showing up in the major leagues. And they had to accept striking out a lot to get the homeruns. It’s all in what your preference is.

Travis, I do flips and inbetween flips so long as there is volume. I like flips when the markets moving (as seen in volume/velocity all that fun stuff) nadex runs out of strikes (ie to buy) and then pulls back so there are good cheap OTM’s and continuations of course.

I risk $15-$20 initially when I had $250 (1 contract)

I did not increase to two contracts till i had 2k.

Now i am risking 8 contracts at a time. Basically a little less than 1 contract per 1k.

Goal is smaller and smaller risk as account grows.

yea I understand Jackie I’ll just have to demo it just amazes me how this does so well at night lol

Thats great to hear. It amazes me more when people say it doesn’t. Guessing they aren’t following rules or aren’t accounting for volume needing to be there especially at night. Glad its going so well for you :slight_smile:

Way to go, Jackie!!

I know this is an old post but for me this is inspiration. I’ve been in the forums looking for info to help me become a better trader when it came to the TC on 5min binaries and I came across this. The fact that you started with a $250 account size and have worked your way up is amazing. Great job!